09 February, 2017 TIGHT HUGS ARE THE RIGHT HUGS SHIRT
WOW how times flies!
In case you haven’t been following along…UMM for the last decade. Here’s the rundown:
• 10 YEARS AGO I BOUGHT A CAMERA AND TRAVELED TO NYC FOR THE FIRST TIME.
• 7 YEARS AGO I QUIT MY RAD JOB.
• 4 YEARS AGO A WEDDING I PHOTOGRAPHED WENT VIRAL.
• 81K PEOPLE WERE ON MY SITE IN 1 DAY!
• AFTER THAT I STARTED MARKETING MYSELF AS A PHOTOGRAPHER OF LGBTQ WEDDINGS.
• TO CELEBRATE MARRIAGE EQUALITY IN 2015 I GAVE AWAY A FREE LGBT WEDDING.
• I TALK TO STRANGERS. REGULARLY.
• MY GOAL IS TO REMIND GAY KIDS WHO WERE RAISED IN CHURCH THAT THEY ARE LOVED.
• LAST YEAR I STARTED A NONPROFIT. [I’m stoked to say that going forward The Promote Love Movement is going to be focused more on being a safe space for the LGBT community who was raised with a religious background. A place where we can partner with our allies, share our stories and meet people with a similar upbringing. With one mission in mind…showing love to everyone. I never want anyone to feel like they are alone on their journey.]
Cheers to meeting incredible people, traveling to beautiful places and cheers to doing what you were made to do! YOU ARE ALL PART OF MY STORY. Don’t hide. Be you. Be unapologetically ambitious. Stay humble. Learn from others. Surround yourself with people who inspire you and get you. Let those people go that discourage you or look down on you for following your passion. Now is the time to make things happen.
So some of my clients asked for some fun shirts to wear so I created a shop with fresh gear. Tight Hugs are the Right Hugs! I used to say that back when I worked at Hurley and I always thought to myself….”self, it’d be so rad to have a shirt with that on it one day.” I even created a Facebook page for it 8 years ago ha! Nothing ever came of it until now. Yeah, THEN I went ahead and signed that shirt…which seems a little over the top BUT here’s the thing: when I die I want people to sport it while spreading all of the love. I want them to think of my random story and remember that ANYTHING is possible with enough love and determination. SHOP HERE.
Hey guys! Steph here. I am going to make this short and sweet bec...
Last month we jetted off to St. Croix for Kat & Paige's brunc...
How long have you been together? 3.5 yearsWhere do you two live...